Our corporate culture is based on a platform of six core values for the pursuit of long-term sustainable growth and prosperity. These values are expressed in our Global Code of Ethics, a guide first adopted by our Board in 2005 and 2011 which was upgraded in 2011 to become an advanced, global code that applies to all ICL Group companies in Israel and throughout the world. The code defines our rules of conduct for the company as a whole, and for each ICL employee as an individual.
The code’s core values include:
- Fairness in business: We are required to be direct, honest, transparent and fair in all our business dealings.
- Responsibility: We take full responsibility for our actions and performance, and for meeting our stakeholders’ expectations.
- Excellence and constant improvement: We strive to be the best, and encourage everyone who works with us – our clients, suppliers and business partners – to pursue excellence as well. We work continuously to assure that the work and services that we offer, as well as the processes that we use in creating and delivering them, are of the highest quality. We are demanding of ourselves and others, and remain open to constructive criticism and suggestions for improvement.
- Respect towards others: We treat everyone with courtesy and respect, value different opinions, and embrace diversity. We allow people to express themselves, care about people’s well-being, and respect the need for life outside work.
- Commitment to safety: We are committed to protecting the health and safety of all the people who play a part in our operations, and of all the people who live in the communities in which we operate. We will not be satisfied until we succeed in eliminating all injuries, illnesses and unsafe conditions related to our operations.
- Commitment to the environment: Wherever we operate, we will conduct our business with respect and care for the local and global environment, and systematically manage risks to drive sustainable business growth. We will not be satisfied until we succeed in eliminating incidents of environmental arm from our activities. We seek to continuously improve the environmental performance of our products and operations.
The code’s primary rules of ethics are based on, and can be summarized by, three questions regarding methods of behavior:
- If the circumstance were reversed, would the employee want to be treated, with regard to his/her rights, money or property, in the same manner in which he/she is likely to act with regard to others’ rights, money or property?
- If the employee’s manner of conduct would be publicized or disclosed to the public, would he/she and the company be praised for his/her actions or would they be criticized?
- If the public were to scrutinize the employee’s actions, and knew all of the facts, would it think his/her actions and the actions of the company were proper, honorable and reasonable?
Click here to view our Code of Ethics