Diversified Company: We are a diversified global fertilizers and specialty chemicals company with approximately 12,600 employees worldwide and revenues of $5.4 billion (2017). Our Essential Minerals and Specialty Solutions divisions produce thousands of products that contribute to agricultural productivity and food security, efficacy and environmental friendliness of industrial materials and production processes.
Multiple End Markets: We serve three core end markets – Agriculture, Food and Engineered Materials by utilizing an integrated value chain based on specialty minerals.
Market Leader: We are the world’s sixth largest producer of potash, a leading producer of specialty fertilizers, the largest producer of bromine, and a major player in flame retardants, specialty phosphates, bromine-based drilling fluids and specialty chemical niche markets.
Efficiency Initiatives and Cash Flow Optimization: Efficiency plans contributed $400 million to EBITDA in 2016 (compared to 2013). General and Administrative cost reduction in 2017 from an annual rate of about $320 million to about $260 million. Other efficiency measures included optimization of working capital and capital
Focus on Global Trends: We aim to benefit from the revenue-driving force of significant global trends, especially shortages of food, increasingly stringent environmental regulations, demand for better-performing products, increasing demand for more convenient, healthier food and increased deep-drilling activities. By creating products that contribute to the world’s long-term sustainability, we believe that we continually enhance our positioning in markets with strong, long term growth potential.
Operations Worldwide: During the past several years, we have become an even more global company with manufacturing, logistics, sales and marketing facilities in all leading and fast-growing markets including China, India and South America, as well as North America and Europe.
Focus on Sustainability: We take our safety, product stewardship and environmental responsibilities seriously. We comply with required standards while striving to use best available technologies, and where possible, to go beyond compliance, in accordance with the standards of the chemical industry’s Responsible Care program. We are an industry leader in reporting and reducing our greenhouse gas emissions, and are making major strides to carbon footprint our primary products and facilities. Our seventh annual Corporate Responsibility Report, published in November 2017, is compliant with the globally recognized GRI-G4 standard. The report includes an expanded degree of external verification, describes how ICL’s activities contribute to each of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s), and includes quantitative and qualitative sustainability goals as well as advanced digital features.
Above Average Dividend Yield: Our capital allocation approach focuses on balancing three main pillars: drive our LT value creation through investments in our growth, reduction of our debt level and providing solid dividend yield. Since 2013 our average annual dividend yield amounted to 4.1%.
Liquidity of Shares: Our shares are dual listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange (NYSE and TASE: ICL) and have among the highest turnover on the TASE. 45.93% of our equity is held by Israel Corp. and the remainder by the public (54.07%).
Tax withholding on dividends paid on shares traded on the New York Stock Exchange: For information regarding procedures that may enable non-Israeli shareholders who qualify for tax treaty benefits to get partial refunds of Israeli withholding tax, click here